Check out my Google Scholar, Linkedin, or email me.
- Hierarchical Transformers for Multi-document Summarization
Yang Liu and Mirella Lapata. To apper in ACL 2019. [code]
- Generating Summaries with Topic Templates and Structured Convolutional Decoders
Laura Perez-Beltrachini, Yang Liu, Mirella Lapata. To apper in ACL 2019.
- Fine-tune BERT for Extractive Summarization
Yang Liu. [code]
- Single Document Summarization as Tree Induction
Yang Liu Mirella Lapata and Ivan Titov. NAACL 2019. [code]
- Twitter Summarization with Social-Temporal Context
Ruifang He, Yang Liu, Guangchuan Yu, Jiliang Tang, Qinghua Hu and Jianwu Dang. (WWWJ).
- Dependency Grammar Induction with a Neural Variational Transition-based Parser
Bowen Li, Jianpeng Cheng, Yang Liu and Frank Keller. (AAAI 2019).
- Structured Alignment Networks for Matching Sentences
Yang Liu, Matt Gardner, and Mirella Lapata. (EMNLP 2018).
- Learning Structured Text Representations
Yang Liu and Mirella Lapata. (TACL). [code]
- Learning Contextually Informed Representations for Linear-time Discourse Parsing
Yang Liu and Mirella Lapata. (EMNLP 2017).
- Recognizing Implicit Discourse Relations via Repeated Reading: Neural Networks with Multi-Level Attention
Yang Liu and Sujian Li. (EMNLP 2016).
- Implicit Discourse Relation Classification via Multi-Task Neural Networks
Yang Liu and Sujian Li. (AAAI 2016).
A Dependency-Based Neural Network for Relation Classification
Yang Liu, Furu Wei, Sujian Li, Heng Ji, and Ming Zhou. (ACL 2015). [Full-Version]
- A Novel Neural Topic Model and Its Supervised Extension
Cao Ziqiang, Li Sujian, Yang Liu, Li Wenjie and Ji Heng. (AAAI 2015).
- (Intern at Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, 2017 Summer) Structured Alignment
Mentor: Matt Gardner
- (Intern at MSRA, 2014 - 2105) Chatbot
Mentor: Furu Wei
- (Intern at Baidu, 2014 Summer) Sentence Compression Module for Baidu News
Mentor: Yajuan Lv and Xinyan Xiao
- Sept. 2016 - Present
PhD, Institute for Language, Cognition and Computation, University of Edinburgh
Supervisor: Prof. Mirella Lapata
- Sept. 2013 - Aug. 2016
MSc, Institute of Computational Linguistics, Peking University
Supervisor: Prof. Sujian Li
- Sept. 2009 – Aug. 2013
BE, School of Computer Science, Tianjin University