Check out my Google Scholar, Linkedin, or email me.
- Structured Alignment Networks for Matching Sentences
Yang Liu, Matt Gardner, and Mirella Lapata. In Proceedings of the EMNLP 2018 Conference, 2018. (EMNLP 2018). [code]
- Learning Contextually Informed Representations for Linear-time Discourse Parsing
Yang Liu and Mirella Lapata. In Proceedings of the EMNLP 2017 Conference, 2017. (EMNLP 2017).
- Learning Structured Text Representations
Yang Liu and Mirella Lapata. Accepted by Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL). [code]
- Recognizing Implicit Discourse Relations via Repeated Reading: Neural Networks with Multi-Level Attention
Yang Liu and Sujian Li. In Proceedings of the EMNLP 2016 Conference, 2016. (EMNLP 2016).
- Relation Classification Via Modeling Augmented Dependency Paths
Yang Liu, Sujian Li, Furu Wei and Heng Ji. In IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing. (TASLP).
- Implicit Discourse Relation Classification via Multi-Task Neural Networks
Yang Liu and Sujian Li. In Proceedings of AAAI 2016 Conference, 2016. (AAAI 2016).
- A Dependency-Based Neural Network for Relation Classification
Yang Liu, Furu Wei, Sujian Li, Heng Ji, and Ming Zhou. In Proceedings of the ACL-IJCNLP 2015 Conference, 2015. (ACL 2015). [Full-Version]
- A Novel Neural Topic Model and Its Supervised Extension
Cao Ziqiang, Li Sujian, Yang Liu, Li Wenjie and Ji Heng. In Proceedings of AAAI 2015 Conference, 2015. (AAAI 2015).
- Twitter Summarization with Social-Temporal Context
Ruifang He, Yang Liu, Guangchuan Yu, Jiliang Tang, Qinghua Hu and Jianwu Dang. In World Wide Web Journal (WWWJ).
- A Neural Network based Translation Constrained Reranking Model for Chinese Dependency Parsing
Miaohong Chen, Baobao Chang and Yang Liu. In Proceedings of the Fourteenth China National Conference on Computational Linguistics, 2015. (CCL 2015).
- (Intern at Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, 2017 Summer) Structured Alignment
Mentor: Matt Gardner
- (Intern at MSRA, 2014 - 2105) Chatbot
Mentor: Furu Wei
- (Intern at Baidu, 2014 Summer) Sentence Compression Module for Baidu News
Mentor: Yajuan Lv and Xinyan Xiao
- Sept. 2016 - Present
PhD, Institute for Language, Cognition and Computation, University of Edinburgh
Supervisor: Prof. Mirella Lapata
- Sept. 2013 - Aug. 2016
MSc, Institute of Computational Linguistics, Peking University
Supervisor: Prof. Sujian Li
- Sept. 2009 – Aug. 2013
BE, School of Computer Science, Tianjin University